Friday, February 8, 2013

Jim's Testimony


Tree of Life was born in 1996 while Jim Yahne was crossing the Link River bridge in Klamath Falls, OR. He thought that he would like to once again work in the woods, cutting another load of firewood and was praying to God about this desire. Having spent many years delivering firewood for homes, Jim enjoys his credentials as ‘an old woodcutter saved by grace.’ Upon the bridge, Jim was impressed with a vision from the Lord calling him to stop dropping off dead wood that goes up in smoke. He was called to begin delivering the eternal ‘fuel’ from the Tree of Life.

"My story begins at a boy’s ranch in Oregon when I was 15 years old; I was selected out of 200+ youth to be one of 16 to go to climb Mt Hood with a Youth for Christ team.  We were outfitted with crampons and ropes and all the gear needed to successfully climb to the top of the highest mountain in Oregon.  What happened with the guidance and experience of our leaders was that we were able to complete this life changing experience safely, “one step at a time”. 

I came to believe that God touched my life through this experience and it was an opportunity to share this with others.  I have since been involved with outdoor ministry and work for 40 years and God continues to teach me and allow me to share his love and wonder in the G reat O ut  D oors. 

Through others reaching out into my life and sharing Gods love I have been able to overcome great obstacles and to give back through education , counseling,  and discipleship what was shared with me.   Not long ago I believe God led me in his word to continue this work in the scripture of,  “ Come unto me all you who are weary and heavy  laden and I will give you rest” Mathew 11:28. As a salmon returns to its source, God has called and invited us to return.  James L. Yahne"

No comments:

Post a Comment